PPG - Who Can Claim?
The qualifying benefits to receive free school meals are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 can receive a free school meal, this is called Universal Infant Free School Meals and is totally separate to Free School Meals. Universal Infant Free School Meals are available for all children in those year groups regardless of the circumstances at home. Children in any year group whose parents qualify for one of the benefits above may be eligible Free School Meals and will benefit from extra Government funding provided to the school.
If you think you may be eligible please click on the link below.